Friday, August 14, 2009

My Overseas Experience

I had recently returned from a 3 weeks vacation in the Philippines and I must say that it was a good experience for me learn more about the filipino culture. For instance, I seen alot of things that we can't obviously can't get away with in the United States like 6 people riding on back of a motorcycle with one person holding a small baby with no helmet and speeding down the road. I mention that if someone would do that here, they all would be jailed, fined and the small baby will be in foster care. I remember the first time I was going to take a bath/shower over a family member house, I look in the bathroom and notice that their was no bathtub. The only thing I seen is a several tall plastic can full of water with a large scoop and I was stun on how on earth do I wash myself and I figure it out a half of minute later. I had to scoop water from the can and pour it on me, rub soap/shampoo on my body and do the process again. I let me add that the water was Really cold. There is no hot water there so every time I pour the cold water on me, I had to bold up and take the cold water being pour on me. This was definitely a experience for me.

2 comments:

Bless said...

Daddy you're a wimp! Hehehe we should have tried riding on a motorcyle; brother-in-law driving and you, me and Shiloh at the back hehehe. Maybe we do it next time lolz....

Dan said...

Hmmm let me think about it Honey.. Okay done thinking about it and its NOPE! NOPE! NOPE!